Thursday 8 December 2011

Introduction


Dear Person Reading This:

I have started this blog to try to alleviate writer’s block, and to get me habitually producing work. It will feature reviews-cum-essays of books and maybe the odd film, and each piece will be c. 800-1000 words long. The format will be essayistic, hopefully in a non-pejorative sense, and there’ll probably be a focus on themes rather than on plot. Artistic criticism has, I think, two primary functions: to advise a reader whether the art being discussed is worth consuming, and to evaluate the aesthetics of said art to help a reader form her own critical opinion. The pieces will probably be biased towards the latter; it remains to be seen whether this will be to their detriment.

Updates may be a bit irregular, particularly at first. Comments are welcomed but please keep them civil.

I hope you enjoy reading my work.

Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment